Saturday, November 7, 2009

ah....my hammond friends

I'll start off with saying there is nothing like meeting new people in new places and forming new relationships! I've recently experienced this while beginning my college career. And it all started with a very special group of people known as the Council of Kings.

One of the things i continually hoped for, honestly didn't really pray for, was that i would find comfort from the new scene of college in new fellowship. I wanted to meet new people, experience new personalities, and start fresh with relationships. I started attending a guy's bible study that was held at the Southeastern BCM at 10 pm on tuesday nights. From the first meeting, we all totally connected. I automatically knew that these were the guys that GOD WOULD USE to save me while i was in college. And boy has He!

The original group consisted of myself, Willie, Johnny, Austen, Seth, and our leader, Jason. Let me tell you, outsiders looking in would say we were lunatics when around each other! We are so crazy when you put us all in the same room together. Since the first meeting in august, we gained a few new members and become closer each week.

Through each other we've actually met other people as well. Seth's friend Brandee has become somewhat of an honorary member of the council haha. We've even met people through her and we've all become great friends. Because of them i feel no more discontent from being away from my friends in central. Because i miss them so dearly, i needed this divine intervention. I can say that i truly love these guys and gals even after only a few months. It's true that when God is the link between people, all of the junk that keeps people from relating to one another is never a factor.

Aside from those from bible study, my relationship with the two ladies across the parking lot known as Sarah and Taylor, has become one that i cherish greatly! These two kids have raised my enjoyment of college exponentially and give me a reason to face the craziness that is a collegiate student body. Sarah's gleefulness could literally dissolve any frown it comes in contact with. Taylor's intense phrases and overall sarcasm could make anyone wet their pants with laughter.

So thank you father for these beastmode new friends of mine. Help me to be as much of worth to them as they are to me. Help us to collectively shine your light to those around us. Amen









1 comment:

  1. dillon!
    i'm so glad i have another awesome blog to stalk! i'm so happy to read about your new friendships at college. know that you are missed back home!
    love.
    mattie

    ReplyDelete