Wednesday, September 5, 2012

let go let God

Ok so i was talking to my wonderful friend Garrett Miles the other day. Really, this kid means a lot to me. We can be apart for nearly a year and then meet up again and it's like we had seen each other the day before. So awesome.

Anyways, i was telling him that i was just having so many questions about my life recently because of how much i missed everyone back home. I was telling him that i love my friends here, but i just miss the intense connection that i had with my friends back at home. I was telling him that i was so afraid that i was going to get out of school and then not want to do this with my life anymore. Garrett reminded me that i was in Philly for a reason and that everything happens for a reason. God's domain does not contain "chance". It's all by His hand. I believe that. I'm so for that fact. But of course the worry wart in me always has that second thought in the back of my brain that says that everything still might not work out. It's the devil trying to tell me that those people back at home wont accept me when i go back at times. I'm just afraid of not having access to the greatness that i once has in my life back home.

So i've come to the realization that my life is like many chapters. High school with my friends was a chapter. Southeastern was a chapter. And now UArts is a chapter. I need to allow certain chapters of my life to close while allowing the essense of all of those great things about my life back then to still permeate my life in the present. If my friends are/were truly my friends then they will accept me at ANY chapter of my life.

Friends are good for this kind of stuff! lol
Hope everyone is having a blessed start to their school year! HOLLA

No comments:

Post a Comment