Monday, January 18, 2010

leaning on a spider web....



" Such is the destiny of all who forget God; so perishes the hope of the godless. What he trusts in is fragile; what he relies on is a spider's web. He leans on his web, but it gives way; he clings to it, but it does not hold." -Job 8:13-15

This week has been one of roller coaster-like emotions. Actually, there isn't anything really roller coaster-ish about it at all. It's plain and simple. I feel like i can't trust my best friends and it scares the junk out of me. More than one incident last week caused me to question the fidelity, or lack there of, in my friendships. Since then, i'm having a super hard time forgetting it. And that's not as it should be.

I've really yearned to be transparent lately; to be completely open to those whom i love and care for. I figured that sort of countenance would most likely bring about relationships with a tad more solidity. The situation mentioned above is something i freely open to anyone reading this. I looked for a verse that could possibly explain not only my hurt, but also how EVIDENT the explanation was in God's word. The verse above pretty much explains what i've come to realized within the past...um.....4 minutes. As cliche as it may sound, i hate how easy it is to trust the world before trusting God. I'm literally in more awe of God than the world, yet i cling to the latter out of habit.....DUM! Thank goodness the Bible reminds us of how fragile this world is and how important it is that once we take our eyes off of God, that's when we begin to lean on what we're accustomed to. So i've come to ALMOST realize that the friends i have are so dear to me, but they WILL fail me. That's not the case with God..... hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment