Thursday, June 25, 2009

A DILLON POST

Okay soooooooo.  One thing that i've been noticing about myself lately is that i'm having a lot of trouble with abiding. one thing that i've learned, mostly through adam and john 15, is that the whole "trying" concept doesn't work.......or at least my own concept of trying. Let's check Dillon's view of trying shall we......
1) oh snap i gotta read my bible for at least thirty minutes today
2) oh snap i should blow off this friend gathering because my friend minutes are up and i've got stinkin rollover minutes in the God bank!
3) well i screwed up and sinned here, let me show God i love Him condemning myself (more than humbling)

Yea....i'm an idiot. 

Hmmm i'm listening to "Letters From War" by Mark Schultz right now...gosh i love that song!

Anyways..... Jesus† never told His disciples of all the laws and of all the methods concerning missions and spreading His word. He simply told them to abide in Him and in the Spirit as a branch does a vine. If the branch is cut off.....DEATH! 
I've recently been noticing that about all aspects of my spiritual life and how i, and perhaps many people i know, struggl with it. I've had to stop trying to please many friends even when the relationships are in shambles. Mainly to allow Him† to work and because simply listening to them and receiving them with love.....like Jesus†......mends the gaps filled with bitterness. Also.....miss belgard helps me continually to realize that the most beautiful part of our relationship is when listen to each other and simply lay all on the table, whether in long conversation or just each other's presence. Not by trying and trying to make each moment matter and schedule each time together as if it is our last. Thank goodness i've got her here to smack me around a little when my head is split five different ways and none of them in the right direction!!!! know what i'm sayin fellas??!!!
okay that's enough :) goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment