Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Odyssey of Dillon Chustz: TO HELL AND BACK

 So my mother sells a little thing called Italian ice with her brothers at a bunch of the festivals across Louisiana and at certain functions all around baton rouge. Well this weekend i was made aware of the "glory" that is selling this product. First off, let me say that Louisiana is one big teaming bacterial pit of heat and humidity! Anyways, my truck was needed to pull the trailer carrying out set-up equipment and such. A generator is needed to keep the freezers on while making the trek out there because without a perfect balance of temperature, the italian ice will melt and it will be ruined. Both days were far from successful. We made maybe around six hundred dollars. The cost of buying the stuff was five hundred. so we barely made any money. But........of course the river styx only gets worse!!!! Around 12:30 the next morning, yes the "smoked meat festival" at which we were selling the stuff didn't end till one o'clock in the morning, my red chevy s10 starts smoking! So the first thing that pops up in my head is KABOOM! We had to leave the truck in the hands of three parol workers because we had to get home and the truck was undriveable. Today my uncle and grandfather drove there to pick up the truck and get the italian ice, which had been accidently unplugged by someone almost being ruined, and now it sits under my carport broken. I didn't mention the fact that both ALLYSON and GARRETT M. surprised me and drove all the way out there to see me and then helped us through the truck situation :)))))

Okay, now that i'm done rambling and whining, here's what i learned:
 The trip was definitely not a waste because i actually got to minister to my uncle and aunt and even my mom. Through all of the sarcastic remarks and complaints i felt God push me out there many times so that i could shine light on my family. Also, if the truck hadn't have broken down out there, who knows where i would have been when it did! All last week i cringed at the thought of helping out this weekend. But God wanted me there with these people! And in the midst of one of the most obnoxious experiences, He sent me some joy when my two best friends showed up. So the truck's home. It's not on cinderblock with the radio ripped out. I have a mother who is emotionally and physically drained, but is ever grateful for my help. And i have a God who works in mysterious ways. TAKE THAT HOMER!!!!!! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment