Thursday, June 25, 2009

"LIFE OF FAITH"



 So I recently listened to an adam robinson sermon entitled “The Life of Faith” , which I highly recommend to everyone, and the idea he presented was absolutely breathtaking….. mainly because it both convicted and enlightened me. Basically he pushes the point that it’s time to stop being a fan of God, standing on the sidelines rooting on Him and his players, and time to begin playing for the Lord of lords, the leader that holds no tryouts because he knows our strengths and creates our own special position for us to play.

Adam comically presents a scenario of him being asked by Nick Saben to play for the Alabama Crimson Tide, requiring him to get up out of the bleachers and get out of his comfort zone. Obviously the initial offer would create awe and joy in our hearts to be a part of something so spectacular, even though BAMA sucks :P! He depicts human nature’s tendency not just to want to stay on the sideline, but to think of the actual players as those with more strength and those who “have it all worked out”. Adam relates it to our view of pastors and missionaries, etc. It really helped me to humble myself but also to remember to dig myself out of my self-condemning nature. Anyways, I could go on forever. But please listen to the podcast! It’s free!!! And duh, it’s ADAM ROBINSON!!! J God Bless


http://adamrobinson.org/adam_sermons.html

No comments:

Post a Comment