Monday, July 20, 2009

"Rich and Robbed"


" I don't want to be rich and robbed.
I just want you, well, i want to WANT You.
And i don't want to be content and lost.
I just want you, well, i want to WANT You.
And i don't want to be famous and forgotten.
I just want you, well, i want to WANT You. "


STORY OF MY LIFE!!!!
This always strikes me as being one of the truest songs out there when referring to my soul. So often i ask God, what the heck is going on?... How come sometimes i'm so eager for more of You and sometimes i want the world. This song is a nice little wake up call because it shows the world not only as "pleasing" but also deceiving. Extreme wealth often robs us of our connection to Christ. Being content often makes up too comfortable to fall on God. Fame may bring you abundant fans, but that's also creating more people to forget your name.

One thought that seems to continue reviving itself in my mind throughout the week is "Why do i praise the world so often when i know that everytime i sit down to read His Word i'm always totally at peace and my life doesn't seem like a finite track. So one prayer that i continue to pray throughout my life is that God may help me discern what is best and WANT more of Him.

Everyone should check this awesome band out! The picture above is me with them at camp.
http://www.branchmusic.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment