Monday, July 27, 2009

two hands...

So a very good friend of mine just recently published a post about the jars of clay song titled "two hands". He talked about how we so often shove God in the corner why we continue life doing our own thing, building up our own selfish agenda.

The song includes a verse saying "lifted high, lifted high". I decipher that as an objective for christians to not only use both hands for the same cause, but that cause must be to LIFT HIM UP! I think it not so ironic that we have two hands along with two choices (God and Satan). I think what's depicted through this song is the human nature to hang on to sin and the world with one hand while trying to hang onto God's hand with the other. That's only giving half of yourself to the Lord!
Here are some examples of the song's lyrics:

I’ve been living out of sanity
I’ve been splitting hairs and blurring lines
I am a house that is divided
In my heart and in my mind

I use one hand to pull closer
The other to push you away.

So the "person" is SPLITTING hairs. He's cutting his soul in half trying to worship God and the world. He's blurring lines. Not only strangers but he himself can't even tell what he's living for. He's a house divided. In his heart he is dwelling in both the houses of God and Satan where his mind is cut in two.

Case and Point: We, yes WE in case i forgot to include my sinful self in this, are unable to live and proclaim God's glory to the fullest unless we use the whole self that God created. He didn't create us so that we could erase and rewrite the schematics to our lives to our satisfaction. So let's get rid of the sinful dichotomy we've created for ourselves and embrace the ultimate creator whose works never fall short.

For my friends blog: http://throughthecrashingwaves.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Your closing paragraph had some great words in it! Nicely put overall too! I loves it

    ReplyDelete