Friday, July 24, 2009

what's LOVE got to do with it?

Love is one of those things that have, in my life especially, comes with many tricks up it's sleeve. So many times i find myself questioning what exactly my love is based on. Is it based on a series of fundamental ideas created by the public eye? Is it based on one's need for companionship? Is it based on peer pressure? Is it based on physical attraction and/or esteem? And finally, is it based on some sort of divine targeting factor that pinpoints that one person that is "meant" for you?

As sad as it is for me, i have a hard time determining which of these is more prevalent in my life each day. Indeed it is scary at times, being unsure of such a thing. It's something that i've accepted about myself. We are to always have "agape" love for one another (love between God and man and christian love for the brethren). That, i know, is true in my life for most people. I won't try to take up that saintly pose by saying i posses it for everyone in my life. Wow i am really schizophrenic! Anyways, i'm trying to imply that i often ponder motivation for my love and whether or not it matches up with God's idea of love. We go through life looking for that ever-so-true love that every Jane Austen novel tends to point to. Not to offend Miss Austen, for Pride and Prejudice is on of my absolute favorite books! That's right fellahs! Bring on the stabs haha. But once we find that true love, can we hang onto it once the twitterpated effect starts to diminish because now the relationship is ours? What if we aren't looking for actual love but for the game in which the experience of love is the prize?

Point and Case: Love is fragile. So don't toy with your own or with anyone else's!

No comments:

Post a Comment