Thursday, September 3, 2009

abraham....what a beast!

If any of you reading this have taken Mr. Randy Mitchell's bible class you may remember watching the movie Abraham. You may also remember how LONG it was! For some reason...I LOVED THAT MOVIE! Before finishing his class my senior year, i ran out to Barnes & Noble's and bought the dumb thing! So now i watch it every now and then just to remind me of not only the excellent times in Mr. Mitchell's class, but of the factual aspect of the story.

Last night i was sitting in my dorm room and all of a sudden had an urge to dive into my bible notes and such from last year! I was so pumped! So i whipped out my bible notebook (which is kept in a special drawer :P), my bible timeline, and of course....my ABRAHAM dvd.

I admit it, i got a little too focused on the dvd and neglected my notes a few times. Something about Richard Harris just makes me want to pay attention! All you harry potter fans might understand that one haha. The character of Abraham has always been one that i always envied as far as will power and strength are concerned. Every time he took a humongous step of faith, my heart just melted. I long for that kind of strength! Abraham was also a great man in regards to his love for his woman. He loved Sarai so much that he testified multiple times that God would strike him down before making him live without her!
There were so many points in the movie where the director portrayed each obstacle, may that be a person or place, as intimidating as possible. And as frail as ole Abraham was, all he ever saw was his God!
I mean how indescribably refreshing would it be to be in the midst of strife and discomfort, surrounded by gods for everything and anything-never being able to hear or communicate with any of them, and the one true God speaks to you in the midst of your confusion! Above the silence of all the other gods! I continue to be amazed by this man and by what God did through him! I'm continuing to learn the ways of great faith as his!

No comments:

Post a Comment